Visa Application Assistance

The immigration specialists at Buhler Thomas Law, P.C. provide comprehensive visa assistance for both immigrants and non-immigrants. From our Provo, Utah headquarters, we serve clients in Salt Lake City, Orem, and throughout northern Utah. We also provide services to clients across the United States as well as internationally.

Obtaining a visa to enter the U.S. – as an immigrant or non-immigrant – is a complex, technical, and often lengthy process. Having an experienced immigration attorney to assist you ensures you submit the correct documents and helps prevent delays, denials, or other problems.

Being in the country illegally can lead to severe penalties and costly legal problems. Contact our experienced immigration lawyer today for assistance with any of your visa needs.

Immigrant Visas

Immigrant visas are those for aliens who are seeking to remain in the United States on a long-term or permanent basis. This includes the fiancée or spouse of a U.S. citizen and most other family members. Employment and work visas are appropriate for an immigrant who has a U.S. employer sponsor or any American business who wishes to hire a foreign national for full-time employment.

Fiancé Visas

Fiancé visas (fiancée visas) allow immigrants to enter the United States for the purpose of getting married to an American citizen. Also known as the K-1 Fiancé Visa, this process requires submitting an application and waiting for approval. Once approval has been obtained to enter the country, you must be married within 90 days. After the wedding, we will help you apply for a green card for the new spouse, which is accomplished by submitting an adjustment of status application.

Fiance Visa
Spouse Visa

Spouse Visas

We can assist you with both immigrant and non-immigrant visas for spouses. The K-3 non-immigrant spouse visa allows the spouse of an American citizen to travel in the United States. The CR-1 immigrant spouse visa provides the spouse of an American citizen to obtain permanent resident status. The process for obtaining marriage visas is extensive and complex. Our spouse visa attorney can assist you with every step of the process.

Family Visas

With multiple options available, choosing the correct family visa is critical to getting an immigrant relative or family member into the United States. Immediate family members include the U.S. citizen’s spouse, children (unmarried, under 21), parents and adopted foreign orphans. Non-immediate family members extend to a U.S. citizen’s grandchildren, married children and siblings over 21. Our family visa lawyer can answer your questions about other individuals who might also qualify to obtain a family based visa.

family photo
work permit

Employment & Work Visas

Foreign-born employees can obtain a visa that allows them to work temporarily in the United States. Permanent immigrant work visas are also available. To successfully obtain this approval, applicants must choose from multiple types of both temporary and permanent employment visas. Making the right choice and completing the application paperwork correctly is imperative. Our corporate or business immigration attorney can help you identify the correct kind of visa to achieve your goals and assist you through the entire application, processing and approval processes. 

Other Immigrant Visas

Our Utah immigration attorney can assist you with other types of visas, based on your needs. This includes victim visas, same-sex immigration and other services.

Fiancé Visas

Our K-1 fiancé visa lawyer can assist you and your future spouse through the application and approval process, allowing your fiancé to enter the U.S. in advance of your wedding.

Spouse Visas

We provide assistance for anyone who seeks a K-3 or CR-1 spouse visa, allowing the spouse of a U.S. citizen to travel in the U.S. or obtain status as a permanent resident.

Family Visas

Our family visa lawyer will ensure that you choose the correct application, depending on the relative and your goals, and handle this complex process on your behalf.

Work Visas

For anyone who seeks temporary or permanent employment status in the U.S., our work visa attorney has the knowledge and experience to help you achieve your goals.

Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-immigrant visas allow non-citizens to legally enter the United States for a prescribed period. Whether you seek to work temporarily in the U.S., take a vacation or invest in a new or existing business venture, our immigration attorney can assist you in accomplishing your goals.

Foreign Investor Visas

We offer assistance with E-1 and E-2 foreign investor visas, which allow non-citizens to live or work temporarily in the United States in exchange for investing in an American business enterprise. We can also assist you with the associated organizational and financial requirements imposed by the approval process.

paper saying welcome to the united states
Work Visa

Employment/Work Visas

Non-immigrant work visas are appropriate for a variety of business and employment purposes, including temporary or seasonal workers (agricultural and non-agricultural). We can also assist you with trainees, location transfers within your organization, and other specialized needs.

H1-B Visas

Our H1-B visa lawyer can help businesses obtain temporary legal status for non-citizen employees who possess advanced educational degrees or specialized occupation qualifications. We can also support your company in maintaining compliance with all record-keeping and reporting requirements.

H1-B Visa
Tourist visa

Visitor & Tourist Visas

If you plan to visit the United States for business or pleasure, we can assist you with a B1 or B2 visitor or tourist visa. Business visitors should obtain this type of visa if they will not engage in any profit-making activities while visiting the U.S.

At Buhler Thomas Law, P.C., our immigration attorney understand the complex visa application and approval process. We have a track record of success, having helped individuals and business clients obtain U.S. visas for more than two decades. Our sole focus is immigration law. Our attention to detail and commitment to our clients provide the highly personalized solutions you need.

Contact us today for visa assistance from a Utah immigration attorney.

Foreign Investor Visas

If you plan to invest in a U.S. business enterprise, we can assist you with application process and associated requirements of the E-1 and E-2 foreign investor visas.

Employment Visas

If you wish to hire short-term or temporary non-citizen employees, we can assist you with obtaining the necessary approvals and the associated federal compliance.

H1-B Visas

We can assist you with sponsoring employees with specialized occupational skills or degrees as well as the required reporting and record-keeping requirements.

Visitor/Tourist Visas

If you plan to visit the U.S. for a vacation or business purposes, our attorney can assist you in obtaining a B-1 or B-2 visitor visa.